NCT Introducing Solid Foods (Weaning) Workshop
Moving from milk feeds to solid foods is an exciting journey for your baby. Find out how we can help you on the way.
The two hour session covers topics such as when to start weaning, purees and baby-led weaning, and what foods to avoid. It is aimed at parents with babies aged between 3 and 6 months old - although if your baby's age falls outside this you are still more than welcome to attend. It doesn't matter if you have already started giving your baby solids when you come to the course, or if your baby is breastfed or bottle-fed.
The course is led by a qualified NCT Practitioner and will help you explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is getting ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding. What are the pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet; how to recognise allergies; what to do if your baby starts choking; where to go for more information.
Contact NCT for more information Email: email@example.com
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Bookings Administrator
0300 330 0700 Option 2
To find all NCT Courses and workshops available local to you see: https://www.nct.org.uk/courses-and-workshops
Where to go
- NCT @ Bracknell Open Learning Centre
- RG12 7GR
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Thursday 28/02/2019 11:00 13:00
- Time of day
- Session Information
Sessions start in Bracknell about every 6 weeks
subject to availability.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £27 Per Session
- We charge fees in order to cover the costs of providing the workshops and to help us to provide services for all parents. We offer discounts for parents in receipt of benefits or on lower incomes. Ask for more information.