St Dominic's School
St Dominic's is a day and residential school for boys and girls (7 to 19 years) typically with a primary diagnosis of Speech Language & Communication Needs and/or Autistic Spectrum Condition. We are proud to be accredited by the National Autistic Society.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St Dominic's School
- GU8 4DX
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Day school and weekly boarding (Monday-Friday)
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Initial contact may be made to the school by families or the relevant authority. Families should send in a copy of the child’s statement of educational needs and up to date reports including the last SEN annual review report and actions; the families will be invited to make an informal visit to see the school and college and meet with members of staff to discuss their child’s needs.
If you would like more information regarding our Admissions process, please contact our Admissions and Family Liaison co-ordinator on 01428 684693.
- Other notes
- We offer up to 100 placements – either day or part-residential (Monday to Fridays), depending on the needs of the child or young person. Our pupils and students are all state-funded.
- We believe passionately in a multi-disciplinary, ‘blended’ approach to meeting each child’s and young person’s needs, resulting in carefully managed groupings and specialist intervention from our in house therapy team.
- We follow a needs-based and skills-led curriculum based on National Curriculum requirements. Significant emphasis is placed on communication, functional independence and accessing the community.
- Our therapists work alongside teachers in the classroom as well as providing one-to-one sessions in speech & language and occupational therapies.
- The school works closely in partnership with families, referring authorities and external agencies to coordinate the best possible education, care, guidance and support for its children and young people.