NCT Introducing Solid Foods (Weaning) Workshop
Moving from milk feeds to solid foods is an exciting journey for your baby. Find out how we can help you on the way.
It is aimed at parents with babies aged between 3 and 6 months old - although if your baby's age falls outside this you are still more than welcome to attend. It doesn't matter if you have already started giving your baby solids when you come to the course, or if your baby is breastfed or bottle-fed. Th is workshop will help you get off to a good start, and being longer than your local NHS sessions, there's more time to ask questions.
The course is led by a qualified NCT Practitioner and will help you'll explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is getting ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding. What are the pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet; how to recognise allergies; what to do if your baby starts choking; where to go for more information.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Bookings Administrator
0300 330 0700 option 2
Search for all available NCT courses and workshops suitable for you: https://www.nct.org.uk/courses-and-workshops
Where to go
- NCT @ Bracknell Open Learning Centre
- RG12 7GR
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Tuesday 18/12/2018 10:45 -12:45
- Time of day
- Session Information
Sessions run in Bracknell about every 6 weeks.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £27 Per Session
- We do charge for our courses and workshops but discounts are available to those on low income or some benefits