Bracknell Forest - Young Carers
A young carer is someone under 18 who helps look after someone in their family, or a friend, who is ill, disabled or misuses drugs or alcohol.
Extra responsibilities may include:
- practical tasks, such as cooking, housework and shopping
- physical care, such as helping someone out of bed
- emotional support, such as talking to someone who is distressed
- personal care, such as helping someone dress
- managing the family budget and collecting prescriptions
- helping to give medicine
- helping someone communicate
- looking after brothers and sisters
As a young carer you are entitled to a free young carers assessment. This is regardless of who is being cared for, what type of care is provided or how often the care is provided.
We also provide support for young adult carers up to the age of 25 by working with partner organisations to support transition to adult services.
Please see website link below for further information...