Disability Access Fund (DAF)
The Disability Access Fund (DAF) supports children with disabilities or special educational needs (SEN) to access free early years childcare places.
- Childcare providers taking 3 and 4 year olds who are eligible for DAF will be entitled to receive a one-off payment of £615 per year.
- To apply, your childcare provider will need to take a copy of the letter confirming a child’s DLA eligibility, then complete and submit a DAF application to the Local Authority in which they are based.
- Bracknell Forest settings can apply via the provider portal linked here: Bracknell Forest Provider Portal
- If a child accesses 2 childcare settings, the parents/carers have to decide which setting the DAF gets paid to, as funding can only be allocated to 1 setting.
- The DAF year runs from 1 April to 31 March. It is not possible to transfer the funding if a child changes setting within the same financial year.
Further information for parents and carers.
Who to contact
Parent queries: 01344 353133
Provider queries: 01344 351555