Skip to main content

ADHD- assessment and diagnosis in adults 18+

If you think you may have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), speak to a GP.


For adults with possible ADHD, the GP will assess your symptoms and may refer you for an assessment if:

  • you were not diagnosed with ADHD as a child, but your symptoms began during childhood and have been ongoing since
  • your symptoms cannot be explained by a mental health condition
  • your symptoms significantly affect your day-to-day life – for example, if you're underachieving at work or find intimate relationships difficult

Who to contact

Powered by Open Objects © Idox Software Ltd