Mencap's mission is to transform society's attitudes to learning disability and improve the quality of life of people with a learning disability and their families. Our big plan is divided into five priorities. These are the areas of life we want to have the biggest impact on, the areas where there is the most need to see change for the better.
- Raising awareness and changing attitudes.
- Making a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
- Supporting friendships and relationships.
- Improving health for people with a learning disability.
- Giving children the best start in life.