Bracknell Forest Behaviour Support Service
Covid-19 Support for Schools
We recognise that children and young people with Social Emotional Mental Health needs and their families will be facing numerous challenges as a result of Covid-19. A small number of links and resources that you may find useful at this time are included in the downloads section at the right hand side of this page.
Due to the current climate we have adapted our working style so that we can continue to support schools remotely. As we return to a” new normal” our priority will be to ensure a smooth transition back into school for pupils with SEMH needs by supporting schools to adapt their Behaviour Support Plans alongside their Risk Assessments.
If you cannot find what you are looking for please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss your needs and access more of our resources. You can find our contact details at the bottom of the page.
Also for the latest information on Coronavirus visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19?src=syndicationbutton
“Healthy emotional wellbeing and positive behaviour for all children and young people”
The Service provides support, advice and guidance to schools on how they can best meet the needs of their pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH), in order to enable them to learn successfully alongside their peers.
Key service priorities
- To develop staff awareness of SEMH needs, building capacity in schools by empowering and developing skills through consultation and training
- To promote a holistic, inclusive approach, working in partnership with all stakeholders
- To promote healthy emotional well-being for pupils and staff
The Core Support Services for all Bracknell Forest maintained schools
- Meetings with key staff and other stakeholders to offer advice guidance
- Support with Behaviour Support and Positive Handling Plans
- Carrying out observations and providing feedback
- Providing support for transition programmes
- Support following serious incidents where Restrictive Physical Intervention has been used (Team Teach)
- Support for direct work and interventions
Training and traded services
For information on our training packages and support for schools not maintained by Bracknell Forest please visit our CAN DO page http://can-do.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/
If you would like to discuss behaviour support for your school or an individual pupil then please contact us. Tel: 01344 354250, Email: email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please use the Children's Support Services referral form which can be found in the document section on the right hand side of this page. Please send all referrals to ChildrenSupportServices@bracknell-forest.gov.uk