Bracknell & District Parkinson's Branch
Branch Activities and Services
- Monthly evening meetings at which members can meet together in a friendly atmosphere to exchange views and hear a talk from a speaker on a Parkinson's issue or a general topic of interest.
- The services of a Parkinson's Local Advisor who acts as a 'friendly contact' for members as well as advising on how to claim for benefits and obtain assistance from social services.
- Access to Parkinson's Nurse Specialists, who are able to provide advice on medication and related matters. New members are encouraged to arrange a meeting at an early stage.
- Weekly hydrotherapy sessions are currently available for a small charge of £4 per session. Please see details on how to take part on our website.
- Thrice monthly physiotherapy sessions - £4 per session - designed for people with Parkinson's.
- Regular newsletters advising members of local events and activities.
- Regular social events including a Pub Lunch and Ten Pin Bowling.
- Monthly Carers Club at which carers can meet to share their own experiences and concerns
- Other activities include Nordic Walking and Fitness with Flair, and access to Reflexology, Massage, and Chiropody
Who to contact
Where to go
- GU20 6JN
Parking is available at the venue's car park and, if this is full, parking is available on the street outside free of charge after 6pm
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Various dates and times
please see website for details.
- Branch membership is £12 p.a. and members also need to be members of Parkinson's UK at £4 p.a.
- Referral required